Green Lentil Whole — Non-GMO Verified, Kosher, Bulk - by Food to Live
If you want to add a cholesterol-lowering fiber to your diet, you should definitely try our whole green lentils. This product also provides special benefits by preventing blood sugar levels from rising right after a meal. Some people call green lentils a nutritional giant because a cup of cooked lentils contains 230 calories. Other remarkable health benefits include the following:
* Green lentils are rich in both soluble and insoluble dietary fibers. The former helps you get cholesterol out of your body, while the latter increases stool bulk and prevent diverticulosis and bowel syndrome.
* Fiber in lentils also helps your body get slow burning energy while stabilizing blood sugar levels. It is remarkable that a high fiber diet even reduces the amount of the most dangerous form of cholesterol - the very-low-density lipoprotein - by more than 10%.
* Eating more green lentils significantly reduces the risk of death from a heart disease. This is partly due to a large amount of magnesium and folate. Magnesium helps your body prevent heart attacks, and folate regulates the methylation cycle.
* By eating green lentils, you increase your iron stores that are used for creation of hemoglobin and key enzyme systems for metabolism. Having enough iron is especially important for women as they often experience iron deficiency during pregnancy.
* These small green beans contain a significant amount of folate that helps you protect yourself against certain types of cancer and vascular diseases. Pregnant women should get enough folate to lower the risk of certain birth defects.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Shipping Time: Most orders received before 3:00 PM EST will ship not later than the next business day, provided the product ordered is in stock. Most orders received after 3:00 PM EST will ship not later than the second business day. Orders are not processed or dispatched on Sunday. For more information check our Shipping & Return Policy
Store in a cool,dry place away from Moisture, Light, Oxygen
Food to Live was created to give people easy access to delicious and wholesome foods.
We offer a wide range of organic and raw foods that would be a great addition to any diet.
We choose products that can positively impact the body, such as dried fruits, nuts, seeds, grains, powders, flours, spices, and legumes.